Who we are!
Committed to maintain the field of journalism in Sri Lanka independently, responsibly attending to the needs and aspirations of the readers, and preserving the highest standards in journalism, we, MediaLK.com certify you,
- That we are responsible for the accuracy and balance of every news item and feature published in the website, and to provide the opportunity to apologize, correct or clarify in the event of an error, without any delay,
- Not to publish photographs, statements or identification notes of anyone or any party, without consultation or approval, except in cases where it is a necessity for the wellbeing of the society,
- To act in accordance with internationally accepted media ethics when reporting social issues that cause trauma or heartache, such as cruelty, violence, drug abuse, vulgarity, sexual harassment and obscenity,
- To avoid from reporting information on crime and criminal cases, except on occasions permitted legally and that is of public interest,
- Not to report information that aids or abets ethical or religious dissent or any violence,
- Not to report in a prejudicial or derogatory manner about a person’s race, color, religion and sexuality or any physical or mental disability,
- Not to exaggerate the methods and events involved when reporting suicides,
- To respect right to privacy,
- And engage in journalism in accordance with these professional ethics, respecting individual freedom and human rights.